Turn the Ship Around!
L. David Marquet and Stephen R. Covey
Highlights from July 26, 2021
- He felt if he required them to own the problem and the solution to it, they would begin to view themselves as a vitally important link in the chain of command. (Location 155)
- Albert Einstein said, “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.” (Location 175)
- Leadership is communicating to people their worth and potential so clearly that they are inspired to see it in themselves. (Location 181)
- Control, we discovered, only works with a competent workforce that understands the organization’s purpose. Hence, as control is divested, both technical competence and organizational clarity need to be strengthened. (Location 298)
- One of the things that limits our learning is our belief that we already know something. (Location 433)