Tackle Your Anger With Stoicism
Destiny S. Harris
Highlights from July 26, 2021
- The only time anger turns into a negative feeling is when we produce unproductive actions because of our anger.
- When we produce actions that hurt ourselves and others out of anger, we then give anger control over ourselves.
- Irritation and the build-up of irritation oftentimes lead to anger. If you can become more patient, loving, and easy-going, you can avoid unnecessary situations in which you become angry.
- Improving your communication skills is a beneficial avenue to utilize to avoid irritation, arguments, and feelings of anger.
- Lastly, notice the things, situations, and people you often allow to ruffle your feathers; when you take time to reflect and learn these details, it will lead to greater self-awareness.
- There is nothing more attractive than a person who successfully and consistently integrates self-discipline into every area of their life. Self-discipline comes from habit. You can make it a habit not to allow yourself to give in to your emotions so easily.